Friday, September 10, 2010

I am committed

September 10, 2010

I am now a Peace Corps trainee. If all goes well, in about three months, I will be sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer.

We are checking out of our rooms at the Radisson in Los Angeles after a morning of activities and will be leaving the country at 9:45 tonight. There's a 13 hour plane ride to Auckland followed by a short flight to Vanuatu.

We spent the morning reviewing what will be expected of us and what it means to be a volunteer. I am fully committed to this.

See you when I see you.


- - Daniel

3 comments:

  1. Have fun dan! Stay safe and don't do anything zulfan wouldn't do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, remember that you promised to give me a small island in the South Pacific when you finally achieve the rank of "World Dictator.". I'm going to hold you to that.

    - Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papa is big-time proud. And this is a reminder how much I'm going to miss No. 1 son. My heart overflows.

    --Matt G.

    ReplyDelete