Saturday, February 5, 2011

Returned from the Bush

Good Morning,

It's eight o'clock, Sunday morning, February 6, 2011. After about three months on the island of Epi, I've been summoned back to Port Villa for two weeks of additional training and other administrative bruhaha. There is intermittent internet access so I am going to try posting photos and responding to comments today.

I am doing well, though, as has been the case every time that I've come to the capital, plagued by a long list of things to do and not given enough time to do them. It's become apparent that many of those catchy slogans the Peace Corps slaps onto brochures and posters are quite true, especially the one saying it's "The toughest job you'll ever love". I'll be in touch and will try to post a lot of pictures before going back to my island.


Daniel

5 comments:

  1. "My Island"? So you did get a cargo cult to adopt you as their god! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wanna see lots of pictures! hope everythings going good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Daniel blong mi:

    What a great trove of photos. Am surprised at the size and structure of haus blong you and the dryness and relatively landscaped look of the grounds near the buildings. It reminds me a bit of how the grounds around Babusha and Jadusz's old house looked. Not bush-like, not well-mowed, but well-lived.
    Mama G blong you says I'm writing too much for a blog comment, so I will end now. Please call us while you are in Vila. I will be able to help you with tax info if you want.

    Papa G blong you

    ReplyDelete