Saturday, December 17, 2011

Just arrived in Port Vila

I'm passing through Port Vila on my way to Tanna for Christmas. I arrived last night on one the transport ships, the Big Sista, and I'll be in town until Wednesday. The staff at the Peace Corps office will be keeping me busy with dental and medical checkups and reports and I'll be using the time in the capital to run some errands for the projects I am working with on Epi. Over the next couple days I will try to upload some pictures and maybe a few stories. If you have any requests, please ask.

On Wednesday, I'll be flying to Tanna along with Kathy, another volunteer from Epi. We will be visiting Eamaio, a village on the far side of Tanna, away from the air strip, Tanna's town, and the tourists. It will probably be much like my village on Epi, but I've been told they have a big celebration for Christmas. My village didn't do much of anything last year so I've decided to go somewhere else for the holiday. It will mostly be a vacation, but Jake, the volunteer we will be visiting, has some work for us as well.

I will try to post some photos over the next few days and then a few from Tanna before disappearing again.

-- Daniel --

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, things are well, the preview says this is being posted by "unknown", it's Michael. I survived the skydive, Carrie & CJ got married (I didn't take any pictures and last I heard they were waiting on the photographer to send them pics, the reception was in the building where Plessy v Ferguson was first heard), we played Dune today and Rob and I worked together to blow the shield wall and detonate the Family Atomics. Carrie did not approve. Your previous Dune tactics were discussed at length. We went 11 rounds before the game was called on account of time. It was looking like a guild in 15 victory situation, though the Guild and I (the Freemen, who are quite powerful as we've come to discover) had a plausible path to victory together by turn 13-14. I started seeing a guy mid-October and it's going well. Hope things are going well for you.

    Do you have time to read? If so, what do you read?

    ReplyDelete