Saturday, October 27, 2012

Leaving Epi

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Good Afternoon,

Yesterday, at noon, I left Epi.

Epi island had been my home for two years. The people there had been my friends, my community, and my family. As hard as it was to adapt and change when I first arrived, it may have been harder to leave. During my last days on the island, I shook many hands, there were farewell feasts, presents exchanged, promises given, and tears shed. Perhaps I’ll tell some of you about that, but not right now and not here.

I am in Port Vila and will be leaving the country next Sunday, November 4. During these eight days in the capital, there is work to take care of at the Peace Corps office as well as details to attend to before leaving the country. Some of my fellow volunteers are here, but many are from the new group and I don’t know them as well and their perspective is, of course, different. Four of us are leaving this week. The rest of my own group have either left already or will be staying for another year. So, there will be much to do and more goodbyes, but I suspect leaving Port Vila won’t be the same as leaving my little village.

Over the next few days, I plan to put a few more stories here and let you know about what I will be doing after Peace Corps. If you have any questions you’ve wanted to ask or something you’d like to know more about, please put that in the comments section. For now, know that I’m well, if a bit drained, and I’ll be coming back to America soon enough. I hope to see you there.


-- Daniel --

4 comments:

  1. And the next chapter begins... Looking forward to seeing you again! We'll get the pancake fixin's ready for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come home soon love!!!! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are excited to have you back Daniel! I've fallen behind on reading your blog but we will be glad to have you back with us in the states!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Phone number :+1-6474-864-724 (Whatsapp Only


    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At oceancashcapital@gmail.com
    Phone number :+1-6474-864-724 (Whatsapp Only)

    ReplyDelete